Cambridgeshire County Council Highways are resurfacing a number of roads within the estate starting on 21st September.
Whilst the work is in progress, during operational hours, the road may be closed from 07.30am to 6pm, and vehicular access will be restricted.
In order for the contractor to complete the work with minimum disruption, it is essential that no vehicles are parked on the road. If you have particular access requirements, please speak to a member of the crew onsite who will be able to assist.
Access to properties within the closure area will be possible, but are subject to working conditions, and delays are to be expected. Crews will be working in accordance with Covid 19 guidelines.
These works are weather dependent and changes are possible at short notice especially if wet.
This surface treatment is best used on roads which show early stages of wear and tear. It is laid over the top of an existing road surface. The effect of this treatment is to protect and seal the surface of the road thus preventing further deterioration and extending the life of the road. It also assists road safety by improving skid resistance.
Before treatment, the road is swept to remove any loose material and any ironwork is masked with tape. Following the treatment the masking is removed and if needed, the ironwork will be adjusted in the near future. Traffic can use the road 20 minutes after the material is laid but a 20 miles per hour speed limit will be in place.
The road will normally shed some stone over the first few weeks after treatment. This is typical and will be subject to sweeping as required. The new surface is very black and does appear slightly messy shortly after it is laid. This is normal and usually settles down after a number of weeks.
- St Thomas Close, Comberton – starts 21 September 2020 for one day
- Fox’s Way, Comberton – starts 21 September 2020 for one day
- The Covert, Comberton – starts 21 September 2020 for two days
- Bakers Close, Comberton – starts 22 September 2020 for one day
- The Valley, Comberton – starts 22 September 2020 for two days
- Hillfield Road, Comberton – starts 23 September 2020 for one day
- Milner Road, Comberton – starts 23 September 2020 for one day
- Harbour Avenue, Comberton – starts 23 September 2020 for three days