The Village Magazine – Contact – has been informing Comberton and surrounding village people for decades.
Contact Magazine has been uploaded here for on/off-line perusal and to be indexed by the search engines…. Note most editions are between 10-18Mb in size.
- Contact December 2022
- Contact November 2022
- Contact October 2022
- Contact September 2022
- Contact-Jul Aug2022
- Contact May 2022
- Contact April 2022
- Contact March 2022
- Contact February 2022
- Contact December / January 2022
- Contact November 2021
- Contact October 2021
- Contact September 2021
- Contact July / August 2021
- Contact June2021
- Contact May2021
- Contact April 2021
- There was no Comberton Contact for February and March due to COVID19
- Contact December / January 2021 (uploaded again)
- Contact November 2020
- Contact October 2020
- Contact September 2020
There was no Contact Magazine for May, June and July/August 2020 due to Corona virus situation
- Contact December 2019/ January 2020
- Contact November 2019
- Contact October 2019
- Contact September 2019
- Contact July and August 2019
- Contact June 2019
- Contact May 2019
- Contact April 2019
- Contact March 2019`
- Contact February 2019
- Contact December 2018 – January 2019
- Contact November 2018
- Contact October 2018
- Contact September 2018
- Contact July / August 2018
- Contact June 2018
- Contact May 2018
- Contact April 2018
- Contact March 2018
- Contact February 2018
- Contact-Dec-2017-Jan-2018 12Mb
- Contact October 2017
- Contact September 2017 (link removed due to spam issues will revert once resolved)
- Contact July / August 2017
- Contact June 2017 21Mb (VERY LARGE 30Mb)
- Contact May 2017 10Mb
- Contact May 2017 Insert 1mb
Previous months may be seen here
Initially produced by the vicarage on a Roneo stencil machine by the hands of God (Rev & Mrs Stephenson), using wax stencils (pictured right) , it was updated into the 20th Century by Richard Elleray using an Apple Macintosh Plus and an Apple Imagewriter.
Later this technology was upgraded to a Mac SE, then a Mac Quadra with an Apple Laserwriter, then finally an Apple G3 Power Mac.
Richard used local printers in Little Eversden, Milton and now the magazine uses Victoire Press at Bar Hill.
From a typewriter onto a stencil through MacWrite to Adobe Pagemaker it made it into the 21st Century !
Thereafter it was edited by Anne Horler using Adobe Insight for a few years, and then by Suki Williams using MS Publisher.
Contact is printed monthly and distributed free-of-charge to every village household …..
- The current editor is @" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">James Gilbert 07768 421049.
Contact Editor was Suki Williams until November 2017, then edited until June 2019 by Chris Balding.
He had to move up north and so the Contact Team did the editing for the second half of 2019!
- Contact Treasurer / Advertising is handled by @" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Terry Coad 01223 263264
- Contact Distribution is co-ordinated by Marian Dymott 01223 263292