UPDATE 27th May – SCDC have said..
Thank you for your support advertising to help us find people for the roles below. We have had a huge number of people contact us so can we please ask you to pass on our thanks and to stop advertising for more applicants.
Due to the generosity of local communities, South Cambridgeshire is the district area with the highest number of visas granted in the country. This means the number of arrivals is high. The Council’s housing officers have been carrying out the welfare checks to ensure hosts and guests are settling in.
However, as re-matching is now also being carried out by the Council, they need to bring in extra resources in paid roles and want to ask for your help to find people with the right skills who would consider join the team carrying out this important work.
They know many people want to support the scheme locally who may not have been able to be a host. You may know of people with the skills we are looking for. Maybe they are retired or not in work now but would be keen to commit to a role to help deliver this important work.
What are they looking for?
- Commitment to work at least 3 days a week, up to full time, for one year
- Good communicator
- Previous experience or knowledge in safeguarding would be advantageous
- Good listener and ability to empathise and give advice to Ukrainian guests who may be suffering from trauma
- The ability to travel using own car all over South Cambridgeshire to visit the homes of hosts
- Ability to use Council translating services to support conversations with guests where necessary
- Good attention to detail to ensure information from visits is logged correctly and any issues reported and referred to relevant service
- Confidence to ask guests or hosts further questions to uncover underlying issues
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and able to put people with a variety of backgrounds at ease
- Confidence working with basic Microsoft computer programmes such as Word, Excel and Outlook as spreadsheets are used for recording and collating information
SCDC are looking for people who can start quickly to support the team.
The hourly rate for the role is £13.33 to £15.93
Anyone wanting to find out more should email Susan and Dan on @" target="_blank" rel="noopener">Susan Hinawski and @" target="_blank" rel="noopener">Daniel Toussaint .
Please include in your message that you are interested in the role and provide your contact details. Susan or Dan will call you back as soon as possible to discuss the role.