With Bonfire Night fast approaching, Cambs Policeare urging the public to enjoy the celebrations safely.
The next week will see families and friends gathered in gardens and fields across the county watching all kinds of dazzling displays.
However with the sparklers and Catherine wheels there are risks and restrictions to be aware of to ensure your evening goes unspoilt. For an enjoyable and stress free evening, make sure you:
- Only buy fireworks if you’re over 18 years of age
- Keep sparklers away from children under the age of five and supervise older children when in use
- Only ignite fireworks at suitable times. It’s illegal to set off fireworks between 11pm and 7am except on;
- November 5 (Bonfire Night) until midnight
- New Year’s Eve until 1am the following day
- Chinese New Year until 1am the following day
- Diwali until 1am the following day
- Do not throw fireworks in a public place
- Are not in possession of fireworks if you’re under 18.
While we all enjoy a good firework display and encourage people to enjoy the festivities, it’s important to be aware of potential risks and dangers.
If you’re going to be participating in the celebrations next week, please do so sensibly.