The Sandy Heath transmitter feeding our Freeview TV sets has been updated overnight to free up some radio waves for 4G/5G mobiles in the future.
Viewers will have seen as warning message on their screen. They would need to manually retune if their TV hasn’t doe it automatically.
An easy five point guide to retuning your TV
1. Press menu on your box or TV remote
2. Select set-up, installation, update (or similar). If you are asked for a password, the default code is 1111, 1234 or 0000.
3. Select the ‘first time installation’ option sometimes called, factory reset, full retune of default settings.
4. Press OK, if your equipment asks if it is OK to delete existing channels.
5. If prompted save the channels which are found.
Anyone who needs advice, or who finds they are still missing services after retuning, can visit the Freeview website at freeview.co.uk/tvchanges
or contact the Freeview Advice Line free on 0808 100 0288.